CIPT Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Technologist)
Course Name: CIPT Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Technologist)
Course Format: Online (Self Paced) or Public Classroom
Duration: 2-Days (Public Classroom) or Unlimited Access (Online)
Location: London, UK or Online (Anywhere)
£1150 +VAT (Online)
£1850 +VAT (Classroom)
“High-quality course delivery and great facilities”
A highly interactive course, delivered by the instructor Inga Kroener. Real world examples really assisted with bringing the content to life. Professionally delivered and great facilities. Recommended.
“Good preparation for the CIPP/E exam”
Fantastic presentation from the instructor Inga. Made the content easy to understand, and left feeling well prepared for the IAPP CIPP/E exam.
“I’m happy to recommend the CIPP/E training course to anyone considering the IAPP credential”
I attended the two-day CIPP/E course provided by JAW Consulting UK. This was part of my preparation towards the qualifying exam.
I found the communication leading up to the training event to be clear and concise – providing me with the information I needed for planning my schedule. For the course, beyond merely regurgitating the training material, I was looking for industry insights and thought leadership from the instructor. I also hoped that the quality of participants at the training would help drive discussion based on practical experiences. On both these requirements, JAW Consulting UK delivered.
I found the trainer and JAW staff were quite professional and pragmatic with the schedule – ensuring frequent breaks and being mindful of the pace. I’m happy to recommend the JAW Consulting CIPP/E training course to anyone considering the IAPP credential
“Excellent facilities and real-world knowledge sharing”
I attended the IAPP CIPP/E Training Course at JAW Consulting UK’s offices in London, UK.
The instructor Inga Kroener was great, and really helped bring the subject to life with her knowledge and enthusiasm. The interaction between the other attendees was extremely useful, sharing real-world challenges and application of the course material
The facilities in Paddington were also excellent, with the training delivered in a format which was both accessible and interesting, despite the ‘dry’ nature of some of the (legal) content. Recommended
“The reputation of the IAPP is widely recognised, so overall a great course to attend”
I attended the IAPP CIPP/E Course provided by JAW Consulting UK. As someone relatively new to the area of Data Protection & Privacy, I considered the course covered a very valuable topic to learn about.
Having both case studies and real-life examples to demonstrate and discuss how the regulation applied was very useful.
The reputation of the IAPP is widely recognised, so overall a great course to attend if you are looking to demonstrate knowledge of the EU GDPR and UK Data Protection. It will be a great skill and competence to apply to future organisations I work with.
“Thank you to the team at JAW Consulting UK for setting me up to succeed”
As a recruitment process outsourcing business with blue-chip clients, we take the protection and privacy of personal data very seriously.
As part of our internal GDPR Programme, I attended the 2-day IAPP CIPP/E course in London with JAW Consulting UK.
Starting the course with a limited knowledge of the subject matter, the instructor was able to convey complicated topics very effectively. I found both the study guides and the practical examples discussed particularly useful.
I took the CIPP/E a couple of weeks after the course and passed; thank you to the team at Jaw for setting me up to succeed
Our CIPT Training Course (IAPP- Certified Information Privacy Technologist) is the first privacy certification specifically designed for IT practioners and Technology Professionals.
By gaining a CIPT, individuals certify their knowledge of data privacy-related best practices and issues within the context of the design and implementation of information and communication technologies, also called Privacy-By-Design (PbD)
The CIPT Training Course is delivered as either a 2-day classroom-based course or alternatively, as a CIPT Online Training Course (Self- Paced) with video-on-demand modules accessible anytime from your device.
As an Official IAPP Training Partner with an international client base, JAW Consulting UK is uniquely positioned to deliver both theory and practical guidance of implementing privacy-by-design best practices within technology, in compliance with global data protection & data privacy laws and regulations.
There is no better way to gain the skills required to ensure technical IT solutions can remain compliant with global data protection and data privacy laws, and for a role as a Data Privacy Engineer, Data Privacy Officer (DPO) than by receiving CIPT Training (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Technologist and obtaining a world-renowned, ANSI/ISO-accredited certification.
The CIPT (Certified Information Privacy Professional US) has been recognised as the world’s leading credential in the business of data privacy technology and engineering.
When you earn the CIPT credential you are joining a highly respected group of knowledgeable, capable, and dedicated data protection & data privacy professionals.
Achieving a CIPT credential demonstrates comprehensive data privacy technology knowledge, perspective, and understanding to ensure the compliance and data privacy success of technical IT solutions—and can take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents
. Find out more.
Who is the IAPP?
Founded in 2000, the IAPP provides a forum for privacy professionals to share best practices, track trends, advance privacy management issues, standardise the designations for privacy professionals and provide education and guidance on opportunities in the field of information privacy.
The IAPP has developed a full suite of educational and professional development services, including privacy training, ANSI/ISO accreditated certification programs, publications, and annual conferences. Find out more.
Gain the Global Standard Data Privacy Technology Certification With Our CIPT Training Course
Book Your IAPP CIPT Training Course Now
- The CIPT is the global industry standard for professionals entering and working in the field of data protection & privacy engineering.
- The CIPT is a highly respected amongst top employers hiring and promoting privacy professionals
- Achieving a CIPT credential demonstrates understanding of a principles-based framework and knowledge base in information privacy within the US context, including critical topics like the CCPA, GDPR and GLBA.
- Be recognised as part of a respected group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated privacy and data protection practitioners.
- Elevate your leadership profile among colleagues and peers by holding the CIPP/US designation
What Will I Learn?
The CIPT training course was developed by the IAPP and provides individuals with the necessary knowledge of privacy and data protection practices in the development, engineering, deployment, and auditing of IT products and services across all stages of the information life cycle.
The CIPT training course is broken into seven key modules:
Module 1: Foundational principles of privacy in technology
Summarizes the foundational elements for embedding privacy in technology through privacy by design and value-sensitive design; reviews the data life cycle and common privacy risk models and frameworks
Module 2: The role of the technology professional in privacy
Reviews the fundamentals of privacy as they relate to the privacy technologist; describes the privacy technologist’s role in ensuring compliance with privacy requirements and meeting stakeholder privacy expectations; explores the relationship between privacy and security
Module 3: Privacy threats and violations
Identifies inherent risks throughout the stages of the data life cycle and explores how software security helps mitigate privacy threats; examines the impacts that behavioral advertising, cyberbullying and social engineering have on privacy within the technological environment
Module 4: Technical measures and privacy-enhancing technologies
Outlines the strategies and techniques for enhancing privacy throughout the data life cycle, including identity and access management; authentication, encryption, and aggregation; collection and use of personal information
Module 5: Privacy engineering
Explores the role of privacy engineering within an organization, including the objectives of privacy engineering, privacy design patterns, and software privacy risks
Module 6: Privacy-by-design (PbD) methodology
Illustrates the process and methodology of the privacy-by-design model; explores practices to ensure ongoing vigilance when implementing privacy by design
Module 7: Technology challenges for privacy
Examines the unique challenges that come from online privacy issues, including automated decision making, tracking and surveillance technologies, anthropomorphism, ubiquitous computing and mobile social computing
What Will I Achieve?
- Understand privacy considerations for existing IT systems and applications
- Understand privacy considerations in evolving technologies (cloud computing, biometrics, IoT and more)
- Practical use industry-standard guidelines for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and destruction of personal information
- The skills to recognise IT risks and mistakes organizations make when embedding privacy in the IT environment
- Be confident using established methods for end-user notification and choice through IT system and product interfaces
- Implement IT system controls for identity and access management (IAM)
- Select appropriate privacy-enabling technologies
- Understand the requirements for identifiability, authentication and anonymization
- Understand and address online data privacy threats and challenges
- You will be eligible to sit the IAPP exam to attain CIPT qualification (booked via the IAPP website).
What is Included?
- Full 2 days training (9.00 am – 5.00 pm) from JAW Consulting UK IAPP Certified CIPT trainers*
- Grade-A Office Training Facility*
- Small class size (limited to 15 delegates)*
- Coffee/Tea & Refreshments*
- Official IAPP CIPT Participant Guide
- Official CIPT Textbook (in digital format)
- Official IAPP CIPT Practice Test
- One-year IAPP Membership including online access to services via your dedicated “MyIAPP” account
- Certificate of Attendance
- CIPT qualification initial exam fee (Please note: Exam costs are included within the fee of this course, however, you will need to book your exam via the IAPP website.)
*Not applicable to Online Course
Who Should Attend?
This 2-day CIPT training course is designed for anyone whose work is related to the processing of personal data, including:
- Data Protection Officers (DPO’s)
- Data Protection & Privacy Professionals
- Enterprise system architects (CTO, CIO)
- Solution architects (Purchase decision-makers for IT services and products)
- Business Analysts
- Software Developers
- Compliance Officers