CIPP/US Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional US)
Course Name: CIPP/US Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional US)
Course Format: Online (Self Paced) or Public Classroom
Duration: 2-Days (Public Classroom) or Unlimited Access (Online)
Location: London, UK or Online (Anywhere)
£1150 +VAT (Online)
£1850 +VAT (Classroom)
Our CIPP/US Training Course (IAPP- Certified Information Privacy Professional US) is designed for privacy and compliance officers and other professionals in privacy and data protection roles with a focus on U.S. privacy laws and regulations.
The CIPP/US will teach you about cross-sector limits on the collection of data and its use and about specific regulations for the marketing, financial, education, telecommunications, and medical sectors.
The course also covers laws governing access to private information by national security agencies, law enforcement, issues related to workplace privacy, and important state privacy legislation such as the CCPA.
The CIPP/US Training Course is delivered as either a 2-day classroom-based course or alternatively, as a CIPP/US Online Training Course (Self- Paced) with video-on-demand modules accessible anytime from your device.
As an Official IAPP Training Partner with an international client base, JAW Consulting UK is uniquely positioned to deliver both theory and practical guidance of complying with the US Privacy laws such as the CCPA.
There is no better way to prepare for the US Privacy laws such as the CCPA or for a role as a Data Privacy Officer (DPO) than by receiving CIPP/US Training (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional US) and obtaining a world-renowned, ANSI/ISO-accredited certification.
Since 2000, the CIPP/US (Certified Information Privacy Professional US) has been recognised as the world’s leading credential in the business of data privacy.
When you earn the CIPP/US credential you are joining a highly respected group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated data protection & data privacy professionals.
Achieving a CIPP/US credential demonstrates comprehensive US data privacy knowledge, perspective, and understanding to ensure compliance and data privacy success in the US—and can take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents. Find out more.
Who is the IAPP?
Founded in 2000, the IAPP provides a forum for privacy professionals to share best practices, track trends, advance privacy management issues, standardise the designations for privacy professionals and provide education and guidance on opportunities in the field of information privacy.
The IAPP has developed a full suite of educational and professional development services, including privacy training, ANSI/ISO accreditated certification programs, publications, and annual conferences. Find out more.
Gain the Global Standard in US Data Privacy Certification With Our CIPP/US Training Course
Book Your IAPP CIPP/US Training Course Now
- The CIPP is the global industry standard for professionals entering and working in the field of data protection & privacy.
- The CIPP/US is a highly respected amongst top employers hiring and promoting privacy professionals
- Achieving a CIPP/US credential demonstrates understanding of a principles-based framework and knowledge base in information privacy within the US context, including critical topics like the CCPA, GDPR and GLBA.
- Be recognised as part of a respected group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated privacy and data protection practitioners.
- Elevate your leadership profile among colleagues and peers by holding the CIPP/US designation
What Will I Learn?
The CIPP/US training course was developed by the IAPP and delivers comprehensive US data privacy knowledge, perspective, and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in the US.
The CIPP/US training course is broken into fourteen key modules:
Module 1: Introduction to privacy
Discusses the modern history of privacy, an introduction to personal information and an overview of data protection roles; summarizes modern privacy frameworks
Module 2: Structure of U.S. law
Reviews the structure and sources of U.S. law and relevant terms, and introduces governmental bodies that have privacy and information security authority
Module 3: General Data Protection Regulation overview
Presents a high-level overview of the GDPR, discusses the significance of the GDPR to U.S. organizations, and summarizes the roles and responsibilities outlined in the law
Module 4: California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
Presents a high-level overview of the newly passed California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, including scope, consumer rights, business obligations, and enforcement
Module 5: Enforcement of U.S. privacy and security laws
Distinguishes between criminal and civil liability, compares federal and state authority, presents theories of legal liability and describes the enforcement powers and responsibilities of government bodies, such as the FTC and state attorneys general
Module 6: Information management from a U.S. perspective
Explores the development of a privacy program and the role of privacy professionals, discusses vendor management and examines data collection, classification and retention
Module 7: Healthcare
Describes privacy laws in healthcare, including the major components of HIPAA and the development of HITECH, and outlines privacy protections mandated by other significant healthcare laws
Module 8: Financial privacy
Outlines the goals of financial privacy laws, highlights key concepts of FCRA, FACTA and GLBA, and discusses the Red Flags Rule, Dodd-Frank and consumer protection laws
Module 9: Education
Outlines the privacy rights and protections under FERPA, as well as recent amendments provided by PPRA and NCLBA
Module 10: Telecommunications and marketing
Explores rules and regulations of telecommunications entities, reviews laws that govern marketing, and briefly discusses how privacy is addressed in the digital advertising realm
Module 11: Law enforcement, civil litigation and privacy
Summarizes privacy laws on intercepting communication, including how the telecommunications industry must cooperate with law enforcement, and outlines laws that assure rights to financial privacy; discusses privacy issues related to litigation, including electronic discovery, redaction and protective orders
Module 12: National security and privacy
Further explores rules and regulations on intercepting communication, including how the laws have evolved and how government agencies and private companies work collaboratively to improve cybersecurity
Module 13: Workplace privacy
Describes federal and state laws that regulate and protect employee privacy, as well as federal laws that prohibit discrimination; examines the lifecycle of employee privacy, including background screening, employee monitoring, investigating misconduct and termination
Module 14: State data security and breach notification laws
Identifies state laws that impact data security, reviews Social Security number use regulation and discusses laws governing data destruction; summarizes the scope of state data breach notification law, highlights the nine elements of state data breach notification laws and notes major differences in state laws
What Will I Achieve?
- Be confident with essential privacy concepts and principles as well as legal requirements for handling and transferring data
- Gain an enhanced understanding of jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models, rules and standards
- Practical experience to apply concepts and achieve a ‘best practice’ privacy programme
- The skills to help your organisation have resilience with personal data management and data flow between different countries
- You will be eligible to sit the IAPP exam to attain CIPP/US qualification (booked via the IAPP website).
What is Included?
- Full 2 days training (9.00 am – 5.00 pm) from JAW Consulting UK IAPP Certified CIPP/US trainers*
- Grade-A Office Training Facility*
- Small class size (limited to 15 delegates)*
- Coffee/Tea & Refreshments*
- Official IAPP CIPP/US Participant Guide
- Official CIPP/US Textbook (in digital format)
- Official IAPP CIPP/US Practice Test
- One-year IAPP Membership including online access to services via your dedicated “MyIAPP” account
- Certificate of Attendance
- CIPP/US qualification initial exam fee (Please note: Exam costs are included within the fee of this course, however, you will need to book your exam via the IAPP website.)
*Not applicable to Online Course
Who Should Attend?
This 2-day CIPP/US training course is designed for anyone whose work is related to the processing of personal data, including:
- Data Privacy Officers
- Data Privacy Lawyers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Officers
- Record Managers
- Human Resources Officers
- Data Privacy Professionals