CIPP/E Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe)
Course Name: CIPPE Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe)
Course Format: Public Classroom
Location: London, UK
Our two-day CIPP/E Training Course (IAPP- Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe) encompasses pan-European and national data protection laws, key data protection terminology and practical concepts concerning the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
As an Official IAPP Training Partner, JAW Consulting UK is uniquely positioned to deliver both theory and practical guidance of complying with the EU GDPR.
There is no better way to prepare for the EU GDPR or for a role as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) than by receiving CIPP/E Training (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe) and obtaining a world-renowned, ANSI/ISO-accredited certification.
Since 2000, the CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe) has been recognised as the world’s leading credential in the business of data privacy.
When you earn the CIPP/E credential you are joining a highly respected group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated data protection & privacy professionals.
Achieving a CIPP/E credential demonstrates comprehensive EU GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe—and can to take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents. Find out more.
Who is the IAPP?
Founded in 2000, the IAPP provides a forum for privacy professionals to share best practices, track trends, advance privacy management issues, standardise the designations for privacy professionals and provide education and guidance on opportunities in the field of information privacy.
The IAPP has developed a full suite of educational and professional development services, including privacy training, ANSI/ISO accreditated certification programs, publications and annual conferences. Find out more.
Gain the Global Standard in European Data Protection (EU GDPR) Certification With Our CIPP/E Training Course
Book Your IAPP CIPP/E Training Course Now
- The CIPP is the global industry standard for professionals entering and working in the field of data protection & privacy.
- The CIPP/E is a highly respected amongst top employers hiring and promoting privacy professionals
- Achieving a CIPP/E credential demonstrates understanding of a principles-based framework and knowledge base in information privacy within the European context, including critical topics like the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and EU GDPR (including Mandatory DPOs).
- Be recognised as part of a respected group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated privacy and data protection practitioners.
- Elevate your leadership profile among colleagues and peers by holding the CIPP/E designation
What Will I Learn?
The CIPP/E training course was developed by the IAPP and delivers the comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe.
The CIPP/E training course is broken into eleven key modules:
Module 1: Data Protection Laws
Introduces key European data protection (EU GDPR) laws and regulatory bodies, describing the evolution toward a harmonised European legislative framework.
Module 2: Personal Data
Defines and differentiates between types of data including personal, anonymous, pseudo-anonymous and special categories.
Module 3: Controllers and Processors
Describes the roles and relationships of controllers and processors.
Module 4: Processing Personal Data
Defines data processing and GDPR processing principles. Explains the application of the GDPR and outlines the legitimate bases for processing personal data.
Module 5: Information Provision
Explains controller obligations for providing information about data processing activities to data subjects and supervisory authorities.
Module 6: Data Subjects’ Rights
Describes data subjects’ rights, applications of rights and the obligations of the controller and processor.
Module 7: Security or Processing
Discusses considerations and duties of controllers and processors for ensuring security of personal data and providing notification of data breaches.
Module 8: Accountability
Investigates accountability requirements, data protection management systems, data protection impact assessments, privacy policies and the role of the data protection officer.
Module 9: International Data Transfers
Outlines options and obligations for transferring data outside the European Economic Area, decisions adequacy and appropriateness of safeguards and derogations.
Module 10: Supervisions and Enforcement
Describes the role, powers and procedures of supervisory authorities; the composition and tasks of the European Data Protection Board; the role of the European Data Protection Supervisor; and remedies, liabilities and penalties for non-compliance.
Module 11: Compliance
Discusses the applications of European Data Protection (EU GDPR) law, legal bases and compliance requirements for processing personal data in practice for employers – including processing employee data, surveillance, direct marketing, internet technology and communications and outsourcing.
What Will I Achieve?
- Be confident with essential privacy concepts and principles as well as legal requirements for handling and transferring data
- Gain an enhanced understanding of jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models, rules and standards
- Practical experience to apply concepts and achieve a ‘best practice’ privacy programme
- The skills to help your organisation have resilience with personal data management and data flow between different countries
- You will be eligible to sit the IAPP exam to attain CIPP/E qualification (booked via the IAPP website).
What is Included?
- Full 2 days training (9.00 am – 5.00 pm) from JAW Consulting UK IAPP Certified CIPP/E trainers.
- Grade-A Office Training Facility
- Small class size (limited to 15 delegates)
- Coffee/Tea & Refreshments.
- Official IAPP CIPP/E Participant Guide
- Official CIPP/E Textbook (in digital format)
- Official IAPP CIPP/E Practice Test
- One-year IAPP Membership including online access to services via your dedicated “MyIAPP” account
- Certificate of Attendance
- CIPP/E qualification initial exam fee*
*Please note: Exam costs are included within the fee of this course, however, you will need to book your exam via the IAPP website.
Who Should Attend?
This 2-day CIPP/E training course is designed for anyone whose work is related to the processing of personal data, including:
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Lawyers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Officers
- Record Managers
- Human Resources Officers
- Data Protection Professionals
Course Name: CIPP/E Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional)
Course Date: Mon 13th – Tues 14th
Duration: 2 Days
Course Format: Public Classroom
Location: Paddington, London, UK
£1850 +VAT (Early Bird Discount)
This course can also be delivered at your office. ENQUIRE NOW.