CIPM Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager)
Course Name: CIPM Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager)
Course Format: Online (Self-Paced) or Public Classroom
Duration: 2-Days (Public Classroom) or Unlimited Access (Online)
Location: London, UK
£1150 +VAT (Online)
£1850 +VAT (Classroom)
Our CIPM Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager) is the world’s first and only certification in privacy programme management.
The CIPM Training Course is delivered as either a 2-day classroom based course or alternatively, as a CIPM Online Training Course (Self- Paced) with video on-demand modules accessible anytime from your device
The CIPM Training Course provides you with the knowledge to make a privacy programme work for your organisation, enabling you to become the go-to person for day-to-day operational aspects of data protection & privacy, within a role such as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) or Data Protection Manager.
As an Official IAPP Training Partner, JAW Consulting UK is uniquely positioned to deliver both theory and practical guidance of complying with the EU GDPR and UK DPA.
There is no better way to understand how to run a privacy program and/or privacy office than by enrolling on our CIPM Training Course (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager) and obtaining a world-renowned, ANSI/ISO-accredited certification.
The CIPM program was developed by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), which is the World’s largest comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The CIPM certification also holds accreditation under ISO 17024: 2012.
When you earn the CIPM credential you are joining a highly respected group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated data protection & privacy leaders —and to take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents. Find out more.
Add the CIPP/E credential and demonstrate that you not only can manage a data protection programme, but you also understand the underlying regulations such as the EU GDPR and UK DPA that govern them. Find out more.
Who is the IAPP?
Founded in 2000, the IAPP provides a forum for privacy professionals to share best practices, track trends, advance privacy management issues, standardise the designations for privacy professionals and provide education and guidance on opportunities in the field of information privacy.
The IAPP has developed a full suite of educational and professional development services, including privacy training, ANSI/ISO accreditated certification programs, publications and annual conferences. Find out more.
Gain the Global Standard in Data Privacy Program Certification With Our CIPM Training Course
Book Your IAPP CIPM Training Course Now
- The CIPM is the global industry standard for privacy professionals holding leadership roles within a privacy program or privacy office.
- Be recognised as an experienced privacy program manager and/or data protection officer.
- The CIPM is a highly respected amongst top employers hiring and promoting privacy professionals.
- Achieving a CIPM credential demonstrates understanding of a how to implement a privacy programme within your business, and the day-to-day operational aspects required running a privacy office.
- Be recognised as part of a respected group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated privacy and data protection practitioners.
- Elevate your leadership profile among colleagues and peers by holding the CIPM designation
What Will I Learn?
The CIPM training course was developed by the IAPP and shows that you have a practical and comprehensive knowledge of how data protection programmes should work across an organisation.
The CIPM training course is broken into ten key modules:
Module 1: Introduction to Privacy Program Management
Identifies privacy program management responsibilities, and describes the role of accountability in privacy program management.
Module 2: Privacy Governance
Examines considerations for developing and implementing a privacy program, including the position of the privacy function within the organisation, role of the DPO, program scope and charter, privacy strategy, support and ongoing involvement of key functions and privacy frameworks.
Module 3: Applicable Laws and Regulations
Discusses the regulatory environment, common elements across jurisdictions and strategies for aligning compliance with organisational strategy.
Module 4: Data Assessments
Relates practical processes for creating and using data inventories/maps, gap analyses, privacy assessments, privacy impact assessments/data protection impact assessments and vendor assessments.
Module 5: Policies
Describes common types of privacy-related policies, outlines components and offers strategies for implementation.
Module 6: Data Subject Rights
Discusses operational considerations for communicating and ensuring data subject rights, including privacy notice, choice and consent, access and rectification, data portability, and erasure and the right to be forgotten.
Module 7: Training and Awareness
Outlines strategies for developing and implementing privacy training and awareness programs.
Module 8: Protecting Personal Information
Examines a holistic approach to protecting personal information through privacy by design.
Module 9: Data Breach Incident Plans
Provides guidance on planning for and responding to a data security incident or breach.
Module 10: Measuring, Monitoring and Auditing Program Performance
Relates common practices for monitoring, measuring, analysing and auditing privacy program performance.
What Will I Achieve?
- Understand how to create a vision for data privacy within your business, and structure your privacy team.
- How to develop and implement a privacy program framework.
- Gain the confidence to interpret privacy regulations and make them work for an organisation.
- Understand best practice approach to establish, maintain and manage a privacy program across all stages of its lifecycle.
- How to measure the performance of your privacy program, and communicate with business and external stakeholders.
- You will be eligible to sit the IAPP exam to attain CIPM qualification (booked via the IAPP website).
What is Included?
- Full 2 days training (9.00 am – 5.00 pm) from JAW Consulting UK IAPP Certified CIPM trainers*
- Grade-A Office Training Facility*
- Small class size (limited to 15 delegates)*
- Coffee/Tea & Refreshments*
- Official IAPP CIPM Participant Guide
- Official CIPM Textbook (in digital format)
- Official IAPP CIPM Practice Test
- One-year IAPP Membership including online access to services via your dedicated “MyIAPP” account
- Certificate of Attendance
- CIPM qualification initial exam fee (Please note: Exam costs are included within the fee of this course, however, you will need to book your exam via the IAPP website.)
*Not applicable to Online Course
Who Should Attend?
This 2-day CIPM training course is designed for anyone who is involved with data protection processes and programs:
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Managers
- Legal Compliance Officers
- Security Managers
- Information Managers
- Data Protection Professionals